This recipe should make 12 pints, which is 24 cups, which is A LOT, but my husband just ate a pint in one sitting, so there is that.
1. Put all the vegetables into a large wooden or stainless bowl.
2. Add all the dry ingredients and massage gently with your hands, or a wooden spoon.
3. Add the cup of prepared culture powder, lime juice and honey.
4. Mix together well.
5. Add everything to your large two gallon crock.
6. Top off with filtered water, leaving an inch or two at the top.
7. Add your weights and your lid or air lock lid, depending on your vessel.
8. Culture for 3 days, on a counter, out of direct sunlight.
9. On the third day test the pH, if you are selling to customers or sharing with friends, it should be below 4.6.
10. Pour everything back into a massive stainless bowl.
11. Scoop evenly into 12 pint jars (use a slotted spoon so just the vegetables go in the jars).
12. Then pour your liquid into a pitcher and top off every jar.
13. Cap, rinse jar and move to the cooler/refrigerator.
Tomorrow I will share more about how cultured foods compliment low-carb eating, like Keto, because someone asked, I knew nothing about Keto...